About The MKTPlace
Published on Thursday, 25 October 2012 16:26
Written by Super User
The Agricultural Innovation MKTPlace is an international initiative supported by different donors aiming to link brazilian and african and LAC experts and institutions to develop cooperative projects.
The Innovation MKTPlace will be composed of three basic pillars:
- A policy dialogue between the main authorities from Africa, LAC and Brazil supporting institutions focused on the development of a mutually agreed framework for collaboration
- A forum for presentation and discussion of research for development ideas, including proposal selection, that would be competitively supported.
- Support and implementation of joint agricultural research for development projects.
Latest MKTPlace Report
The Agricultural Innovation MKTPlace aims to benefit smallholder producers by enabling innovation through collaborative partnerships between Africa, LAC and Brazil.
- Agriculture is vital to the economies of Africa, LAC and Brazil. Knowledge and technological sharing is facilitated by similarities in culture, climate, ecosystems and agricultural practice.
- Brazilian agricultural growth and development has been supported by research for development.
- The role of agriculture in development has been recognized in Africa and LAC through initiatives such as the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP) of the New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD).